The heart of the air rifle is the superb Royale breech block which has an internal regulator and valve system that provides consistent shot after consistent shot. The side cocking lever is effortlessly smooth which rotates the 12-shot rotary mag (16-shot in .177 caliber). The barrel is shrouded and moderated to suppress rapport.
The barrel is FX?s state of the art FX Smooth Twist barrel. This barrel is an innovative barrel design that is essentially a smooth bore barrel for the majority of the length, with an aggressive twist/rifling at the end of the barrel to introduce stabilizing spin as the pellet leaves the barrel. The result is world class accuracy without diminishing power. This accuracy has been proven time and again at competitions throughout the world.
Our Royale 400?s have been upgraded with 480cc carbon fiber air cylinders. These have a max fill of 250 bar (3600 psi) which allows for more shots per fill than the standard Royale 400 aluminum air cylinders as well as lightening the weight of the gun. If you don’t want full power the FX Royale 400 is easily adjusted to lower powers using the 3 step power adjuster on the left side of the breech. This will reduce power and extend your shot count.
The Royale 400 air rifle features an exceptional fully adjustable two-stage match trigger. Out of the box you?ll find the first stage to be very light with a clean break (factory tuned to just 12oz!). The stock is synthetic, coated with a soft touch all weather coating that provides a great feel and grip. Note that the synthetic stock is a right handed only thumbhole stock. Left handed shooters will need to consider either the walnut or black pepper laminate stocks, both of which are ambidextrous. The stock is very well balanced with a balancing point located just under the breech, making it easy to shoot off hand.
Note: Higher calibers are available in this series of airgun. The FX Royale 500 is the .25 caliber version, and the FX Boss is the .30 caliber version.
FX Royale 400 Synthetic Features
- Right-hand only synthetic soft-touch all weather thumbhole stock
- Features FX Smooth Twist Barrel
- Internal pressure regulator
- 3-step patented power adjuster
- Sidelever cocking action
- Removable 480cc carbon fiber air cylinder
- Additional spare cylinders available
- Max fill pressure is 250 bar (3600 psi)
- Achieve up to 36 ft/lbs of energy (18 ft/lbs in .177 cal)
- Fully shrouded barrel
- Adjustable recoil-pad (height)
- Removable rotary magazine
- Fully adjustable match trigger
- Male quick-disconnect Foster fitting for fast refills
This item is not eligible for coupon discounts.
- Manufacturer FX Airguns
- Caliber 0.177 cal
- Velocity 1000 fps
- Condition New
- Action Sidelever
- Barrel Style FX Smooth Twist
- Fire Mode Repeater
- Gun Weight 6.4 lbs
- Overall Length 40.5
- Barrel Length 19.5
- Loudness 2-Low-Medium
- Magazine Capacity 16
- Mechanism Pre-charged pneumatic
- Rail 11mm dovetail
- Safety Manual
- Shots per Fill 140
- Trigger Adjustability Two-stage adjustable
- Trigger Pull 12 oz
- Use Small Game Hunting/Target Shooting
- Warranty 1-year limited warranty